Friday, December 23, 2016

Surprise Clue Five

This morning when I woke up I was startled to see this:
Was this a bad situation? Was it smoke or mist? I quickly went outside to check, but fortunately there was no smell of smoke. Phew! That's one way to get your heart going in the morning.

Bonnie gave us a big surprise today, releasing the fifth clue to the En Provence mystery at about 3:00pm instead of 11:00pm as she has the other clues. I was hoping to cut into our yellow and green fabrics this week:
 Daylily blooming today.

But instead, it's more of this:
Purple and white salvia, which has just started blooming again. I wonder how long until the crimson rosellas find it and destroy it as they did last summer?

So, another week of purple and neutral units. Not the light purple:
First flower on the Lagerfeld rose open this morning.

But the dark purple:
Done!


Added  much later: Monday Link-up!

10 comments:

Jo said...

I have just finished my clue 5 too. I am happy I love the purples.
The yellow and greens are going to be very interesting. Wow. Does that mean we have a very busy week or 2 ahead of us with the next clues....

Marly said...

Wow! Your quick; I haven't seen the clue yet, even though I've been up for six hours! Going there now straight away!

Cherry said...

You are fast! I saw the clue come up last night and I have yet to go down to the studio and sew mine. I was hoping for yellow & greens this week, too. Makes me think we have at least two more Fridays to go.

Jeanette said...

Your purples are working really well with your neutrals - again. We are being kept guessing to the very last. Not started yet, sewing room is a cat free zone at the moment, so waiting until it is sleep time.

gayle said...

Your purples are lovely - from your triangles to that perfect salvia!

Wendy said...

What an awesome photo of the sun-rays through the mist. So glad it wan't smoke although it was sure hot enough!
Christmas Greetings to you and yours - Wendy.

Annemarie Smithers said...

Vireya, your link back does not work. You had better fix it before Bonnie deletes you! It comes up as uiltville. Love, Annemarie Smithers, Moss Vale NSW Australia

Vireya said...

Thanks, Annemarie! I don't know how I lost the "Q", but I've fixed it now.

englishquilter said...

Super!

Mary said...

i was hoping for the yellows and greens also, alas purple it is