Thursday, August 11, 2016

Test One Two

Trying out these after a hearing test today:
At first they were very weird, as I could hear the air travelling through my nose, and the sound of my hair moving against itself if I touched it. I don't like the sound of my voice! And the car seems very noisy. As does my computer keyboard.

I have the hearing aids for a couple of days to see if I like them. So far I've tested them out in a shop (I could actually understand the announcements!) and at afternoon tea with the neighbours (I could understand what everyone said, even if more than one person was speaking!). Will have to try doing some machine sewing before I take them back.

6 comments:

MLM247 said...

How tiny and simple they look! Good luck.

Julierose said...

good luck with them--will they give you necessary adjustments?
My hubster went to see about them, but the $$ is a lot. He is dragging his feet on it---and I am repeating, repeating, repeating..lol--good thing I grew up with a grand-mere who was hard of hearing--so I am used to it..hugs Julierose

Terry said...

They look very similar to mine. Best investment I ever made. I can even hear the birds and grand children . Go for it.

Jeanette said...

You will be able to choose when you want to hear stuff and when shutting the noise out is better - and at rail stations no one can figure out the announcements anyway.

Kate said...

I am going to the hearing place on Wednesday. Your comments are encouraging. I hope I don't get confused by the alternatives!

jacaranda said...

I am having my hearing test on Tuesday, thank you for the info, perhaps it is a quilting thing, the sound of sewing machines constantly whirring has helped towards our hearing loss.