Friday, July 1, 2016

UFOs for July

This month's numbers for the UFO game I'm participating in are 6 and 23. I don't have 23 unfinished projects, so I can ignore that large number, fortunately.

My number 6 is the Bonnie Hunter mystery, Easy Street, from 2012. Last seen when I had partially assembled it in January 2013:
That's the centre of the quilt, and there are four triangular pieces to make the corners. Back then I was intending to quilt it in these 5 sections, so they'd be easier to manage on my tiny machine. But now that I have my Sweet 16 quilting machine, there's no reason to do that.

So this month, as well as binding the Zoo Animals from April, and completing the quilting of my Feathered Star wall hanging that was actually June's UFO project, I will plan to sew those 5 sections together, add borders if required (I can't remember what I was planning to do about borders), make a back, and baste this quilt. That sounds like quite a lot, actually!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

This is a great quilt, love the way the purple arrows pulse outwards. Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it now you have the big machine.

Julierose said...

this is lovely--I like those tiny pieces of purple peeking out here and there--very nice good luck quilting on the new machine...hugs, Julierose