Monday, July 11, 2016

Sweet Peas

My sweet peas spreading their leaves to take advantage of a bit of sunshine this morning:
I didn't know when to plant them, as we're not in Melbourne now! Would St. Patrick's Day still work? Or would it be too cold for them to grow through winter here? I missed that day anyway, as I didn't have anywhere ready for them then. I wondered about waiting until spring, but then I noticed that some of them were starting to sprout without being planted. So I put them into two very large pots, with tomato frames for them to climb when they're ready. They seem to be growing OK so far. This is the third generation from seeds given to me by a friend back in 2013.

1 comment:

jacaranda said...

We are not that far from you, so I would still plant on the 17/3. Mine are growing well, will keep the pods for you.