Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sit and Sew

Another guild "Sit & Sew" day gave me the opportunity to do more work on my UFO for this month, Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street:
I added the inner border and two sides of the outer border, so it is nearly a complete top. I have the fabric for the backing, but no batting large enough, so I will have to go shopping before I can baste this quilt. And is it is 244cms square, I can't use the regular 240cm-wide stuff, so I'll need to find somewhere that sells the wider batting.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely quilt--on the batting you can also sew extra leftover pieces onto the normal size to make it fit...hugs, Julierose

Ivani said...

It is gorgeous, Congratulations you are almost done with this one. If you have leftover strips from the same batting join them with big zig-zag stitches, this works for me. Happy Weekend!

Jeanette said...

I third the recommendation to use up off cuts down one side. It is going to be stitched within an inch of its life and it does hold. The top is looking stunning, and to think it was all made on your little Elna.

jacaranda said...

Stunning top, another UFO to partly tick off the list.
Hope you get to see some koalas.