Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Delivery

This arrived today:
 It's the book of this year's Great British Sewing Bee TV show. It includes patterns for some of the challenges the contestants made. I particularly wanted this pattern:
The asymmetric skirt. I really want to try my hand at it!

The book has lots of general sewing info in the first chapter. One of my nieces apparently wants to learn to sew, so perhaps I should have ordered two copies. However I did notice a mistake in the diagram "Anatomy of a Sewing Machine" where one part is mislabelled. The patterns each include a few pages of instructions with diagrams, and they come in wide size ranges, (8 to 20 for the women's garments), maximising their usefulness. The end-papers have photos of the contestants from this series, and the judges and host. It is a lovely book, and makes me wonder if I should try to get hold of the books from the previous three seasons as well.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

These have been great shows to watch, although hard to find. Reality TV at its best.