Thursday, January 23, 2014

SCQuilters CBD Get-Together

Had a lovely day in town with seven other members of SCQuilters (Southern Cross Quilters):
I cut apart triangles I had sewn at home yesterday - forgot to take a picture until they were all cut apart, but they were half-square triangles made in sets of eight. Here's a blog post explaining how to do that in case you aren't familiar with the technique. I pressed my squares open with a handy little wooden gadget which was made for me recently, then trimmed them to size. These are pieces for the extra blocks I'm making for the summer mystery quilt.

Here's a couple of views of Collins Street from up at tree level. Looking west:
Looking east:

After such a nice day, I got home and found this beside my front door:
I think this time a cat is probably the culprit. Once I had re-assembled the pot and its plants as well as I could, I added some skewers sticking up out of it. I put some in the planter which keeps losing plants as well. I'm hoping the skewers will deter neighbourhood cats from trying to use my plants as litter trays. We'll see.

On a happier note, here's a little gift I was given by a friend at the get-together;
She thought my "new" treadle machine would like some vintage needles. Thank you! They look right at home on the machine.

No comments: