Saturday, August 31, 2013

Scatterday - E



This week we have the letter E, and these categories:
Pantry
Frightening
Flower
Exciting equipment


Pantry:
Empty jars. Have you noticed how fewer and fewer products are sold in glass jars these days? Plastic seems to be taking over, so we need to hang on to the glass ones we have. There's a section of the pantry for storing empties until they are used for jam-making or for honey distribution.

Frightening:
Screen shot from a video of an elephant charging into a vehicle in the Kruger National Park. You can see the whole video at the Guardian site here. I think I would be more than a little frightened by that!

Flower:
There are lots of plants beginning with E in flower at the moment, but which one to choose? I went for this one because it is quite unusual. It is an Eryngium, or sea holly, which I found in a park in Bendigo when I was there two weeks ago.
I couldn't resist throwing in the beautiful Euphorbia as well. These were in the same garden bed as the eryngiums, and the contrast between the lemony yellow and purply blue was lovely.

Exciting Equipment:

What could be more exciting than my lovely Elna Lotus? Definitely my favourite piece of equipment. As seen all over my blog, as well as at MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) in New York.

So that's E eliminated. And by my calculations, there are only eight letters left: C, F, G, J, K, O, P and Y. I wonder which one Cinzia will pull out of the hat for us next?

As usual, you can visit the other Scatterday participants to see what they found for this challenge by following the links on Cinzia's blog.

4 comments:

mitchez2013 said...

Humourous, beautiful and ....'in your face'. Seeing an angry elephant that close and surviving the experience would be life changing!!

Wendy said...

Oooooh exciting - I didn't know we could get Sea Holly here! (I have the instructions for making them from Sugarpaste but need a real one to make a mould) now just to find one in a nursery!

Anonymous said...

Ah - good one the empty jars! I have heaps of them in the basement, waiting for my next jam-making day. Isn't it helpful to know all the Latin names for flowers for this challenge?

jacaranda said...

I remember collecting jars for my Mum to make her homemade jams. I always love reading your blog when you post about plants, how do you know all their horticultural names/