Saturday, August 31, 2013

Challenge Block

Earlier this month I posted a photo of a piece of African fabric I had to make into a block. Here's a little reminder of the fabric I was given:

I made the block a week or so ago. Here's how it came out:


Today was the quilt-in, and I was very interested to see everyone's blocks. There were several different African challenge fabrics, and lots of different techniques incorporated in the blocks.

It was also interesting to see that some people had made blocks which were similar to ideas I had considered along the way. The winning block was the one with the red heart shape, on top just to the right of the sign in the top photo. Second place (by only one vote) was the one with the circle of ochre-coloured flying geese in the bottom left of the first photo.

It was fun participating in the challenge, but I'm glad I don't have to try and combine these blocks into quilts!




No comments: