Thursday, July 11, 2013

Last Day

In our last day of workshops, I made a marigold garland using fabric I painted yesterday and some raw-edge appliqué with free-motion stitching:

The 10x10 and 15x15 exhibitions were dismantled, and we took possession of our purchases:
At the top, a piece by Helen Godden, who was one of the tutors this week. In the middle, a piece by Maria Cook, which has been a little washed-out by the flash. At the bottom, a piece by Jeann Clark, a fellow student I got to know during the week. I didn't know it was her work until after I had bought it, but once I knew that made it particularly special.

After the workshops we had a special candle-lit dinner:

Then an exhibition of everyone's work for the week. You can see photos of the exhibition on the Fibre Arts Australia facebook page here.

No comments: