Thursday, January 10, 2013

Assembling

Lots of pressing and stitching today, as I worked on my Easy Street top. At the moment my plan is to assemble it in five parts, which I will quilt separately. Here is the centre section, which is made up of nine blocks:
The other four pieces are the corners. They are nearly together too, but it has been a slow process.

If I had known how the quilt would look, I might have made some different fabric choices. I think the design gets a bit lost in these fabrics. But not knowing where you are headed is part of the fun of a mystery.

To see how fabulous some other people's fabric choices look, check out Bonnie's final Easy Street link-up at Quiltville. It is amazing how different a quilt can look, and also amazing that some people have the whole top assembled, including borders!


4 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

it really is fun to see the variety that everyone has chosen for sure, and yours looks great. Quilt On!

Lee said...

I think it looks great too! Nice choices, nice work!

Debra said...

Don't think we'll meet an Easy Street that won't be great. I would like to have a go at making one in different colours too....

Anonymous said...

Your Easy Street looks awesome! Great job getting it done so fast. I am plugging along in the slow lane....LOL.

Love all the plants on your blog also. Cool!

Bari